directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <>
Subject Re: Reorganizing tests subproject proposal
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 13:10:10 GMT
On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> yesterday, I tried to cut a small external project, demonstrating how to use
> our jars to test LDAP. It was not so easy, as I had to include many jars in
> order to have the code working.
yeah, had experienced this before (was used to solve it the hard way
by gathering the various pom file contents together to make this work)
glad to see this being solved
> Lately, we modified the apacheds-all pom.xml (not yet committed) to generate
> a unique jar with Pierre-Arnaud (the shade plugin was misconfigured) and
> now, I'm able to run a standalone test including only those jars :
> - junit
> - apacheds-core-annotations
> - apacheds-core-integ
> - apacheds-server-annotations
> - apacheds-server-integ
> - apacheds-test-framework
> - apacheds-all
> This is pretty convenient to be able to have all the jars gathered in
> apacheds-all, but we need to go a bit farther : the apacheds-test-framework
> should also gather the junit, apacheds-core-annotations,
> apacheds-core-integ, apacheds-server-annotations and apacheds-server-integ
> jars in one single jar. It would make possible to have two jars only to
> include when writing a standalone test application.
> One other option would be to create two apacheds-all jars :
> - the one we currently produce, with all the needed dependencies except the
> test ones
> - and a apacheds-test-all which includes everything.
> What would be the best solution ?
I would sugegst we don't include the test modules i,e core-integ and
ideally apacheds-all should contain the testframework, core and server
annotation modules
(cause they are not tests by themselves) so having apacheds-all jar
should let us write and run a

is there any special reason to include the tests?
Kiran Ayyagari

View raw message