directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Unbinding a user session created using the DelegatingAuthenticator throws an LdapNoSuchObjectException
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 14:32:01 GMT
On 20 sept. 2011, at 16:14, Mike Adamson wrote:
> Ok, I've raised DIRSERVER-1662 for this.

Thanks Mike.

> Unfortunately a testcase or app is a little difficult because of it's dependence on a
remote Ldap instance. I couldn't see a way of using the existing test framwork to create 2
directory services.

Yeah, I understand.
I think Emmanuel has found a workaround for that, in order to test the replication which also
requires multiple instances of directory services, but I haven't looked at it yet.
FYI, in case you need it later, I think it's located in this class: org.apache.directory.server.replication.ClientServerReplicationIT

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

> Thanks,
>
> MikeA
>
> On 20 September 2011 15:01, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> I'm not sure either, but at first sight, it looks like a bug to me.
>
> I think it's better to open a Jira issue about it.
> At least, it will help us remember the issue before cutting a next release, instead of
sinking into oblivion if we only record it on the mailing list.

> If possible a test case or a small class with a "main" method demonstrating the issue
will help us fix the issue even quicker.

> Thanks,
> Pierre-Arnaud
>
> On 19 sept. 2011, at 17:07, Mike Adamson wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > As the subject says, I am using the DelegatingAuthenticator to create sessions using
users on a remote Ldap server. When I unbind the session I get an LdapNoSuchObjectException.
This is because the partition nexus attempts to lookup a partition to unbind the object.

> > I can't quite decide whether this is expected behaviour or a bug. I can raise a
jira issue if you think it is. My code seems to work quite happily if I just catch the exception
and ignore it.