directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: ApacheDS documentation: docbook vs. wiki syntax
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 13:44:27 GMT

On 19 sept. 2011, at 15:37, Stefan Seelmann wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
>> Hi Stefan,
>>
>> I generated the Docbook HTML and PDF output and it looks really really good...
>>
>> The syntax is the same we're already used to in Confluence (which allows a lot of
different styles) and the output looks perfect (like our Docbook-written Apache Directory
Studio documentation).

>> On my side, it is a big *+1*.
>> I really love this solution. Simple, easy and convenient for everyone.
>>
>> Do you know if it possible (and how) to link some text to another content (another
section, chapter or page for example)?

> Hehe, I thought about that use case this morning in the tube. I don't
> know yet but have to check if internal links work.

It would be great if we can find a way to have those internal links, but we can definitively
live without them I guess.

>> Is the 'book.txt' file, the central file which defines all chapters? And, is each
.confluence file equivalent to a chapter? Also, would it be possible to split a chapter into
various .confluence files (in the case of a very very big chapter)?

> Right, book.txt defines the order of chapters for the case that the
> chapter files are not alphabetically ordered. And I think it is
> possible to spilt the chapters, AFAIK the H1 header is transformed to
> a chapter and H2..H6 headers are transformed to (sub-)sections.

Oh, cool. I feared that chapters were based on the .confluence files. I didn't closely look
at the generated HTML.
In that case, that's awesome. :)

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud