directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Reorganizing tests subproject proposal
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 12:35:03 GMT
Hi guys,

yesterday, I tried to cut a small external project, demonstrating how to
use our jars to test LDAP. It was not so easy, as I had to include many
jars in order to have the code working.

Lately, we modified the apacheds-all pom.xml (not yet committed) to
generate a unique jar with Pierre-Arnaud (the shade plugin was
misconfigured) and now, I'm able to run a standalone test including only
those jars :

- junit
- apacheds-core-annotations
- apacheds-core-integ
- apacheds-server-annotations
- apacheds-server-integ
- apacheds-test-framework
- apacheds-all

This is pretty convenient to be able to have all the jars gathered in
apacheds-all, but we need to go a bit farther : the
apacheds-test-framework should also gather the junit,
apacheds-core-annotations, apacheds-core-integ,
apacheds-server-annotations and apacheds-server-integ jars in one single
jar. It would make possible to have two jars only to include when
writing a standalone test application.

One other option would be to create two apacheds-all jars :
- the one we currently produce, with all the needed dependencies except
the test ones
- and a apacheds-test-all which includes everything.

What would be the best solution ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,