directory-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Czurda <hasnoadditi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploy apacheds in karaf and connect to it via apache directory studio
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 12:21:26 GMT
Hi Pierre-Arnaud,

Thank you for your quick reply!

I've tried with both 1.5.7 and 2.0.0-M3 release and the result is the
same for both. I refer to 2.0.0-M3 now. Building the osgi artifact
creates a bundle:
org.apache.directory.server/apache-osgi/{whichever_version}. The osgi
module, which was originally commented out in the parent pom, is
described as: "Uncomment to build all in one OSGi bundle."

I will be glad to provide you with more information and I also offer my
help in moving ApacheDS to OSGI as I plan to use it for another project.

Kind Regards,
Christoph

On 09/20/2011 12:58 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> Hi Christoph,
>
> Which bundle are you talking about exactly?
>
> I'm asking this because, at this time, we have not done any work to move ApacheDS to
OSGI. This is one of the tasks we're expecting tp do in a next milestone for the 2.0 release.

> At the moment only the Shared/LDAP API jars are constructed and work as bundles.
>
> Regards,
> Pierre-Arnaud
>
> On 20 sept. 2011, at 12:52, Christoph Czurda wrote:
>
>> On 09/20/2011 07:12 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:

>>> Could u elaborate a bit more on how you configured ApacheDS in Karaf.
>>> There's not enough information here to have traction for trouble
>>> shooting your problem. First off can you telnet to the LDAP port ...
>>> meaning establish a TCP connection, and which port exactly did you
>>> configure the LDAP listener on? Many questions requiring more
>>> information on how you configured ApacheDS to start in Karaf.
>>>
>> So far I did not configure anything at all. In Karaf I simply installed the provided
features.xml found inside the osgi artifact (after adding a few missing dependencies). But
the bundle being active does not open any new host and port I could connect to.

>> Maybe I asked the wrong question... How can I start the server in Karaf? Or more
generally: What does the OSGI bundle actually do?