directory-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Czurda <>
Subject Re: Deploy apacheds in karaf and connect to it via apache directory studio
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:52:30 GMT
On 09/20/2011 07:12 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Christoph Czurda
> <>  wrote:
>> Hello!
>> As already suggested by others on your mailing list, I would also be
>> interested in deploying apacheds in karaf. So far I have been able to
>> install the osgi feature, that is, I have the apacheds bundle in active
>> state. Next, I wanted to see if this is sufficient to connect to the server
>> using apache directory studio. It seems not. The bundle being active doesn't
>> mean that the server is running and listening for connections, does it?
>> What would be necessary to connect to the server?
> Could u elaborate a bit more on how you configured ApacheDS in Karaf.
> There's not enough information here to have traction for trouble
> shooting your problem. First off can you telnet to the LDAP port ...
> meaning establish a TCP connection, and which port exactly did you
> configure the LDAP listener on? Many questions requiring more
> information on how you configured ApacheDS to start in Karaf.
So far I did not configure anything at all. In Karaf I simply installed
the provided features.xml found inside the osgi artifact (after adding a
few missing dependencies). But the bundle being active does not open any
new host and port I could connect to.

Maybe I asked the wrong question... How can I start the server in Karaf?
Or more generally: What does the OSGI bundle actually do?

Thank you,

View raw message