directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Performances tests with trunk
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 13:44:46 GMT
On 09/09/2011 01:45 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> this evening, I conducted some performance tests with the old 1.5.7
> revision, and with what we have in trunk. I'm using SLAMD to do that.
> I'm adding 100 000 entries and do some search on those created entries.
> Nothing fancy here
>
> On 1.5.7, we were able to do something like 214 addition per second, and
> around 4300 search per second.
>
> On trunk, it takes an incredibly higher time to add those 100K entries
> (I stopped the test after 20 minutes). Searches are also slower : 3870
> per second.

I know it will not make the big difference, but I can start fix findings
found by findbugs regarding performance (if this is appreciated) like

http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/bugDescriptions.html#SIC_INNER_SHOULD_BE_STATIC

http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/bugDescriptions.html#WMI_WRONG_MAP_ITERATOR

http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/bugDescriptions.html#UUF_UNUSED_FIELD

Regards