directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Directory Server 2.0.0-M3
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 09:04:21 GMT
On 9/7/11 10:52 AM, Richard Evans wrote:
> I don't feel qualified to vote on this but please look at improving the documentation
before many more releases of Directory Server.

We are perfectly aware about the poor quality of the documentation.

The current releases are milestones, and our target is to freeze the
APIs, in order to be able to make the server something else than a
moving target. It's extremely frustrating for those who write the
documentation to work on something that changes every month.

However, we are working on the documentation for ADS 2.0 too :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx20/Index
>   The web pages refer to the manual for version 1.0.  My personal interest is in embedding
DS in an application and the information on that is minimal.

Really sorry...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,