directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replication reboot test failure : headsup
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 13:40:36 GMT
On 9/3/11 9:31 AM, Selcuk AYA wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 3:31 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny<elecharny@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> finally, I found the reason why this test was failing :
>> the SyncInfoValue is not a control, but a part of the IntermediateMessage.
>> It's value is stored into the IntermediateMessage value, and should be
>> decoded locally. It was the case a while back
>> (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/apacheds/trunk/protocol-ldap/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/ldap/replication/SyncReplConsumer.java?r1=1151533&r2=1152183&pathrev=1153306&diff_format=h),
>> but it was replaced by some code assuming the SyncInfoValue was a control.
>>
>> There was also another problem: the ads-repl ookie AT is an operatioanl
>> attribute, and the lookup we did was'nt returning it. This has been fixed.
>>
>> I have added a CONSUMER_LOG logger to help the analysis of replication. We
>> now have PROUCER_LOG for the producer and the same for the consumer.
>> Understanding what's going on at both side should be easier. (even f right
>> now, we don't have enough logs).
>>
>> Sadly, the reboot test seems to fail randomly. In Eclipse, I have it working
>> but it fails from time to time. It seems that we have some timing issue,
>> somewhere. If I set the logs, it does not fail anymore.
>>
> In my case these random failures were caused by failures during
> deserialization while reading from the event log. I created
> DIRSERVER-1653 and attached a diff that fixes the issue. Please try
> that patch. After this fix, testReboot passed both in eclipse and
> maven for me.

Ok, so with Selcuk's patch, the tests are running fine. Seems like we
have fixed a hell lot of serious bugs this week.

I'll probably try to cut a M3 release today or tomorrow, because the
fixed bugs are really serious, and it will allow us to have a stable
base to work on the next items :
- MMR
- OSGi

More to come later.

Many thanks to Selcuk for the various fixes.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,