directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Replication reboot test failure : headsup
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 00:31:53 GMT
Hi guys,

finally, I found the reason why this test was failing :
the SyncInfoValue is not a control, but a part of the
IntermediateMessage. It's value is stored into the IntermediateMessage
value, and should be decoded locally. It was the case a while back
(http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/apacheds/trunk/protocol-ldap/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/ldap/replication/SyncReplConsumer.java?r1=1151533&r2=1152183&pathrev=1153306&diff_format=h),

but it was replaced by some code assuming the SyncInfoValue was a control.

There was also another problem: the ads-repl ookie AT is an operatioanl
attribute, and the lookup we did was'nt returning it. This has been fixed.

I have added a CONSUMER_LOG logger to help the analysis of replication.
We now have PROUCER_LOG for the producer and the same for the consumer.
Understanding what's going on at both side should be easier. (even f
right now, we don't have enough logs).

Sadly, the reboot test seems to fail randomly. In Eclipse, I have it
working but it fails from time to time. It seems that we have some
timing issue, somewhere. If I set the logs, it does not fail anymore.

I will crash, after having committed the fixes. The test will be
@Ignored. I'll work o this issue tomorrow.

FYI, I also injected Selcuk's branch (apacheds-jdbm) into trunks.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,