directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: ApacheDS documentation: docbook vs. wiki syntax
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 09:44:15 GMT

On 19 sept. 2011, at 23:25, Stefan Seelmann wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
>>
>> On 19 sept. 2011, at 15:37, Stefan Seelmann wrote:

a lot of different styles) and the output looks perfect (like our Docbook-written Apache Directory
Studio documentation).

(another section, chapter or page for example)?

>>> Hehe, I thought about that use case this morning in the tube. I don't
>>> know yet but have to check if internal links work.
>>
>> It would be great if we can find a way to have those internal links, but we can definitively
live without them I guess.

> I added some internal link examples. It quite easy, the pattern is
> "#HeaderName". The only ugly thing is that links to other .confluence
> files are marked as error, but the combined book.confluence file in
> target/generated-sources/basic-user-guide-confluence/book.confluence
> then works.

Oh yeah, indeed, the editor is marking it as erroneous. Not a real issue though, if the result
is correct.

is each .confluence file equivalent to a chapter? Also, would it be possible to split a chapter
into various .confluence files (in the case of a very very big chapter)?

>>> Right, book.txt defines the order of chapters for the case that the
>>> chapter files are not alphabetically ordered. And I think it is
>>> possible to spilt the chapters, AFAIK the H1 header is transformed to
>>> a chapter and H2..H6 headers are transformed to (sub-)sections.
>>
>> Oh, cool. I feared that chapters were based on the .confluence files. I didn't closely
look at the generated HTML.
>> In that case, that's awesome. :)
>
> I also added an example and splitted a chapter into sections and subsections.

I saw that, that's just perfect.

Thanks a lot for this experiment.

I'm now definitively convinced and more than +1 on using this set of tools for our documentation.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud