directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Unbinding a user session created using the DelegatingAuthenticator throws an LdapNoSuchObjectException
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 14:01:56 GMT
Hi Mike,

I'm not sure either, but at first sight, it looks like a bug to me.

I think it's better to open a Jira issue about it.
At least, it will help us remember the issue before cutting a next release, instead of sinking
into oblivion if we only record it on the mailing list.

If possible a test case or a small class with a "main" method demonstrating the issue will
help us fix the issue even quicker.

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 19 sept. 2011, at 17:07, Mike Adamson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As the subject says, I am using the DelegatingAuthenticator to create sessions using
users on a remote Ldap server. When I unbind the session I get an LdapNoSuchObjectException.
This is because the partition nexus attempts to lookup a partition to unbind the object.

> I can't quite decide whether this is expected behaviour or a bug. I can raise a jira
issue if you think it is. My code seems to work quite happily if I just catch the exception
and ignore it.