On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 1:15 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

we have a little issue in the way we handle a MODDN operation during replication.

AFAICT, we use a special control to pass some informations to the consumer, so that it can proceed with the Move and/or Rename.

I don't think it's necessary. We just have to send a SearchResultEntry containing the modified entry, with a Modify type, and the consumer will be able to determinate which kind of MODDN has been used (and if the old RDN has been remove dor not.

That sounds very reasonable. I've always wondered why we needed this additional control. Maybe there's something I am missing is what I was thinking.

This will work because the consumer always have the previous entry locally, and will retrieve it using the entryUuid.

We don't need the control.

That would be great because this is making us non-standard, deviating from the protocol.

Best Regards,
-- Alex