directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <>
Subject Re: HBase partition integration in trunks ?
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 15:59:51 GMT
On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Stefan Seelmann <> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 12:43 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <> wrote:
>> I was just wondering if we should not add the HBase partition in trunks, now
>> that the partition code has been cleaned up ?
>> What's is the status for this code ?
> The last time I updated the code was back in November 2010. In the
> meantime the ApacheDS and HBase code changed so there is some work to
> do. HBase is now at version 0.90.3 (0.90.4 is in the pipeline), the
> API is stable and available in maven central which is a good thing. I
> can try to update the code next week, then I can give a better status
> report.

As always it took a bit longer :-)

I updated the HBase partition code in my sandbox. Now HBase 0.90.3 API
is used. Also changes in shared and partition API are updated. Basic
tests are also running. So far so good.

Now I have to update the parts that are a bit special, let me explain:
In HBase partition I didn't use one-level and sub-level indices, but
use the RDN index table instead. I also extended the search engine in
that way that one-level and sub-level cursors get the search filter in
order to perform filtering within the store instead of returning all
candidates and evaluate them.

So instead of updating those parts I'd prefer to make such changes in
the xdbm-partition module.

The first step would be to remove the one-level and sub-level indices
and use the RDN index instead. I'll write a separate mail with a

Kind Regards,

View raw message