directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-M6 has been released !
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 11:26:07 GMT
Nice job Emm! A much needed bug fix release.

Thanks,
Alex

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecharny@apache.org>
Date: Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 10:26 AM
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-M6 has been released !
To: announce@apache.org, Apache Directory Developers List <
dev@directory.apache.org>, api@directory.apache.org

The Apache Directory team is proud to announce the availability of the
1.0.0-M6 version of the Apache Directory LDAP API.

The Apache LDAP client API is an ongoing effort to provide an enhanced LDAP
API, as a replacement for JNDI and the existing LDAP API (jLdap and Mozilla
LDAP API).

This is a schema aware API, with some convenient ways to access a LDAP
server. This API is not only targetting the Apache Directory Server, but
should work pristine with any LDAP server.

It's also an extensible API : new Controls, schema elements and network
layer could be added or used in the near future. It's also OSGi capable.

This is the third official milestone, we will release few more milestone
versions before a release candidate,  but the current version has already
been validated in Directory Studio and in the Apache Directory Server. Its
documentation is currently under construction.

In this milestone, we have fixed many issues, one of them being critical :

Release Notes - Directory Client API - Version 1.0.0-M6 - HTML format
Configure Release Notes
Bug

   [DIRAPI-49] - LdapNetworkConnection.**anonymousBind() uses name and
credentials from configuration instead of empty values
   [DIRAPI-50] - Add additional GssApiRequest property
   [DIRAPI-51] - Add cipher suite support to LdapConnectionConfig
   [DIRAPI-52] - Connection seems to remain opened, leading to 'Too many
open files' on some servers

Improvement

   [DIRAPI-48] - Improve error reporting when an UnresolvedAddressException
is thrown while connecting

Feel free to experiment, we highly appreciate your feedback !

Web site : http://directory.apache.org/**api/<http://directory.apache.org/api/>
Download : http://directory.apache.org/**api/downloads.html<http://directory.apache.org/api/downloads.html>
User Guide : http://directory.apache.org/**api/user-guide.html<http://directory.apache.org/api/user-guide.html>

--