directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject MODDN and replication
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 22:15:43 GMT
Hi guys,

we have a little issue in the way we handle a MODDN operation during
replication.

AFAICT, we use a special control to pass some informations to the
consumer, so that it can proceed with the Move and/or Rename.

I don't think it's necessary. We just have to send a SearchResultEntry
containing the modified entry, with a Modify type, and the consumer will
be able to determinate which kind of MODDN has been used (and if the old
RDN has been remove dor not.

This will work because the consumer always have the previous entry
locally, and will retrieve it using the entryUuid.

We don't need the control.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,