directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release of Apache Directory Server 2.0.0-M2 and Shared/Ldap API 1.0.0-M7
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 23:08:08 GMT
Hi,

This is a vote for the second milestone of the 2.0 Apache Directory
Server, with its companion LDAP API/Shared 1.0.0-M7.

The LDAP API/Shared release contains just some constants modifications
done because we needed them for the server. We could have spared a
release for it, sadly this modification forces us to get this release done.

ADS-2.0.0-M2 though is way more important. It contains some urgent fixes
for the Kerberos server, and the first drop of some replication has been
injected into it.

Fixed issues :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1633 : Startup failure
after first startup <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1633>
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1636 : Obtaining
Kerberos tickets via TCP leads to endless loop
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1636>
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1631 : Kerberos server
fails to grant ticket due to treating PaData value as mandatory
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1631>
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1635 :Exception when
obtaining service ticket and aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96 encryption is used
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1635>
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1621 : No controls are
loaded when the server is started from the apacheds.sh script
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1621>

The SVN tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/tags/1.0.0-M7
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/tags/2.0.0-M2

The source and binary distribution packages:
http://people.apache.org/~elecharny/

The staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-039/

The generated site:
http://directory.apache.org/api/gen-docs/1.0.0-M7
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/gen-docs/2.0.0-M2

Please cast your votes:
[ ] +1 Release Shared/LDAP API 1.0.0-M7 and Apache Directory Server
2.0.0-M1
[ ]  0 abstain
[ ] -1 Do not release Shared/LDAP API 1.0.0-M7 and Apache Directory
Server 2.0.0-M1

--
Regards,
Cordialement,