directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Replication tests : memory leak
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 17:28:18 GMT
Hi,

I tried to launch a test with 10000 modifications (modDn test) to see
what could happen, but the test fails after a few thousands loops
(around 4000). I started a profiling session, and I saw that the memory
is quickly consumed and never released.

I tested with 128M, 256M and 512M, the only difference is the number of
loops we can do.

When we reach the memory limit, the GC start to kick hard and so does
the CPU. I have beautiful curves on VisualVM !

We do have a memory leak somewhere, we now have to find where ! IMO, it
seems that the ActiveMQ queues are storing refs in memory, and aren't
cleaned when we pick a message. To be checked.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,