directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Replication fallback question
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 20:51:10 GMT
Hi,

I have a technical question :

what happens if we try to send a replicated entry, expecting that the
consumer is present, but is disconnected just while writing the entry in
this method :

     private void handleWriteFuture( WriteFuture future, Entry entry,
EventType event, SyncModifyDn modDnControl )
     {
         // Let the operation be executed.
         // Note : we wait 10 seconds max
         future.awaitUninterruptibly(); <<<<---- here

         if ( !future.isWritten() )
         {

?

I'm afraid that we will remain locked forever in the
awaitUninterruptibly call.

Now, if we add a timeout, I have another question : the timeout might be
reached, but the consumer is still consumer. Do we have a mechanism that
check regularly that the consumer is not back again (I mean, available)?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,