directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE][RESULTS] Should we merge the DIRSHARED and DIRAPI spaces in JIRA into a single one?
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 20:53:57 GMT
On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/5/11 11:47 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
>>
>> Just to be clear before I make the changes.
>>
>> Should I merge DIRSHARED into DIRAPI ? or DIRAPI into DIRSHARED?
>>
>> My choice would be the first option, as Shared is becoming the API.
>> What's yours?
>
> DIRAPI is way better, IMHO.

I suggest the opposite because of the investment that has gone into
references for DIRSHARED. And at the end of the day it's still shared
stuff across both main projects, studio and the server. There are more
things that will go into this down the line besides LDAP. If we
release later we can release just parts of it instead of the whole
thing: meaning just the ldap api.

We can still restructure but we're going to unsettle some references
we've put even into the code around these issues from the past. If
you're find with doing away with it then I can live with it but we
will lose more.

Regards,
Alex