directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reverse table removal : status
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2011 07:27:15 GMT
On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 8:31 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the update.

> - There is most certainly some work to be done in the SearchEngine class, as
> we won't be able to use the revert table, we will use sets intersection
> instead

What does this mean, "the revert table, we will use sets intersection instead"?

> So all in all, it seems that it's going to work, with increased performances
> for add, delete, move, rename and modify operations, as we will have twice
> less data to update on disk. The Search and Lookup operations should be as
> fast, and even a bit faster, some operations on the RDN index have been
> improved.

Can't wait to play with it. Plus this will be simpler and less
confusing without the forward and reverse reference we have to keep in
our heads when dealing with the indices. The SPI will also shrink in
Partition.

> In the man time, I also fixed some nasty bugs in the DN and Ava classes.
> Good side effects...
>
> I hope to be done by the end of next week.

Sounds great. Thanks for the update.

Regards,
Alex