directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [RESULTS] [ApacheDS] [Studio] Moving compilation target to Java 6
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 14:52:33 GMT
Done!

I updated all CI builds that were failing because of the Java 5 issue.
They're now back to stable.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 8 juil. 2011, at 10:23, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:

> Hi Dev and Users,
>
> It is now time to close this vote.
>
> Here are the results:
> - Six +1 binding votes:
>     - Emmanuel L├ęcharny
>     - Kiran Ayyagari
>     - Alex Karasulu
>     - Felix Knecht
>     - Stefan Seelmann
>     - Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
> - One +1 non-binding vote:
>     - Jim Willeke
> - No ┬▒0 or -1 votes
>
> I'm going to update both Apache DS and Studio project pom files.
> I will also check our CI builds (if they use Java 5 to compile the projects).
> Hopefully, by the end of the day the all CI builds should be back to a green light...
:)

> Thanks!
> Pierre-Arnaud
>

> On 5 juil. 2011, at 09:50, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
>
>> Hi Dev and Users,
>>
>> Following our previous mail threads on the Dev and Notifications MLs [1][2][3], here's
a more formal vote on moving our compilation target to Java 6 for ApacheDS and Apache Directory
Studio sub-projects of the Apache Directory project.
>> I believe it is not necessary to move the Apache LDAP API requirements to Java 6
at the moment.

>> Please cast your votes:
>> [ ] +1 - Move compilation target to Java 6 for ApacheDS and Apache Directory Studio
sub-projects
>> [ ]  0 - Abstain
>> [ ] -1 - Do NOT move compilation target to Java 6 for ApacheDS and Apache Directory
Studio sub-projects

>> NOTE: The users ML is included in the loop in order to make users aware of our willing
to change our JVM compatibility and allow them to give us some feedback (if needed).