directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Shared] DN value for schema modification entry
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 09:54:44 GMT
On 7 juil. 2011, at 11:37, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
>> Is this modifications storing feature even working?
>> From what I've seen in the code, it looks more like a placeholder and the
>> feature is still waiting for implementation...
>> I couldn't find where Studio was depending on it, Kiran. Can you give me
>> some pointers, please?
> I remember Seelmann mentioning on ML that studio depends on this DN to
> update the cached schema, but this
> feature is not working due to an issue on server ( I believe it was
> working at one point of time but was broken later)

AFAIR, the cached schema of a connection in the LDAP Browser plugin is read from the DN provided
via the 'subschemaSubentry' AT of the RootDSE entry.
I looked in my ML mails archive but couldn't find a related discussion about the usage of
"cn=schemaModifications,ou=schema" in that area.

Anyways, it might be a good time to do this as you mentioned.
IMO, it shouldn't have a huge impact on Studio.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud