directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Replication tests
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 04:59:18 GMT
Hi,

I have just added a simple test, quite basic atm, which involve a
consumer not associated with a DS. The idea was to check that the
replication protocol was correct, even if some unexpected events occur
(like a brutal stop of the consumer).

It seems to work well for additions. Note that we don't store the
replicated entries anywhere, we just count them. The first test was to
check that we correctly replicate 1000 entries created in the producer.

We can now use more than one MockConsumer, to mimic the replication on
many servers.

I will continue with such tests, stopping the consumer in the middle of
replication, to see if the replication starts back where it stopped.

Also note that the code is pretty dirty atm, it will be improved in the
coming days.

What is good so far is that the protocol implementation seems to be
solid. Kira, you did an excellent job !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,