directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Replication tests status
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 22:16:49 GMT
Hi guys,

I have checked the replication tests, and it seems that the base
operations are working well.

We have to design more tests though.

First, we have to see what happens when we inject a lot of entries into
the provider server (say, one thousand). Same for deletion, then for
modDN operations.

Then, we also have to check what happens when we have two servers
replicating on each other. We should apply the operations (add, modify,
delete, moddn) one one server and check if they ar ecorrectly replicated
on the other, then do the same thing but on the second server.

The next step would be to declare more servers, and do the same thing

One more step : create entries on a server when the other is stopped,
then do the opposite with a slightly different entry, then start the two
servers and see how they replicate (to check the conflict resolution
system).

I will define some tests tomorrow (on the wiki) and start to implement them.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,