directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1149683 [1/2] - in /directory/apacheds/trunk: core-annotations/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/factory/ core-api/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/ core-api/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/e
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2011 10:42:37 GMT
On 7/23/11 12:32 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 9:28 PM,<elecharny@apache.org>  wrote:
>> Author: elecharny
>> Date: Fri Jul 22 18:28:27 2011
>> New Revision: 1149683

>> Log:
>> o Get rid of the SchemaService class : it still exists, but all the remaining methods
are static (we don't need anymore to have a schemaService instance in the DirectoryService)
> OK I see now. Please ignore my last post regarding whether or not we
> removed this interface. I now recall our conversation regarding
> getting rid of this service. The SchemaManager basically should handle
> it all. Will be nice to even get rid of these static methods.
Well, I thought about moving those methods to SchemaManager, but it's
deeply coupled with the DirectoryService. And as the SchemaManager is
part of the LDAP API, we can't create such a link.

Another thougth I had was to move all the methods to DS, but I thought
that would make this class a big fat boy, so I kept it as a standalone
helper class.

I still have to check if we can make some further improvement in this
area (for instance, the Dao stuff might be reviewed too).

--
Regards,
Cordialement,