directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Partitions Heads up : resent with correct formating for the hierarchies
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 22:24:45 GMT
On 7/20/11 8:50 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> Sounds all reasonable. The only thing that bugs me is that the
> hierarchy gets bigger, I think of "Composition over Inheritance". But
> I have no real argument against your proposal.
I have still to think about the PartitionNexus interface, I'm not 100%
convinced it should extend the Partition interface.

> One open question: in your final class hierarchy there are two
> abstract classes in a row: AbstractBTreePartition and
> AbstractXdbmPartition: I think it should be possbile to merge them
> too, isn't it?
yes, but atm, I'm trying to get the tests passing before going any further.

There are some few things I haven't talked about :
- SchemaService class should disappear. It's useless
- I was thinking about merging the initialize() and doInit() methods
- all of what I'm currently doing has one purpose : being able to
simplify the init phase in order to be ready for OSGi

--
Regards,
Cordialement,