directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Reverse table removal : status
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2011 05:31:29 GMT
Hi guys,

as I'll busy most of the week-end, I won't be able to work too much on
the branch which has been created to test the removal of the reverse
table in index, so here is a short status on the current work going on :
- The add, delete, lookup, rename and move operation have already been
reworked. The JdbmStore tests are working fine wrt to those operations
- The List, moveAndRename, modify and search operations need some love
- There is most certainly some work to be done in the SearchEngine
class, as we won't be able to use the revert table, we will use sets
intersection instead

So all in all, it seems that it's going to work, with increased
performances for add, delete, move, rename and modify operations, as we
will have twice less data to update on disk. The Search and Lookup
operations should be as fast, and even a bit faster, some operations on
the RDN index have been improved.

In the man time, I also fixed some nasty bugs in the DN and Ava classes.
Good side effects...

I hope to be done by the end of next week.

Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message