directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [VOTE] [RESULTS] [ApacheDS] [Studio] Moving compilation target to Java 6
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 08:23:47 GMT
Hi Dev and Users,

It is now time to close this vote.

Here are the results:
- Six +1 binding votes:
    - Emmanuel L├ęcharny
    - Kiran Ayyagari
    - Alex Karasulu
    - Felix Knecht
    - Stefan Seelmann
    - Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
- One +1 non-binding vote:
    - Jim Willeke
- No ┬▒0 or -1 votes

I'm going to update both Apache DS and Studio project pom files.
I will also check our CI builds (if they use Java 5 to compile the projects).
Hopefully, by the end of the day the all CI builds should be back to a green light... :)

Thanks!
Pierre-Arnaud

On 5 juil. 2011, at 09:50, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:

> Hi Dev and Users,
>
> Following our previous mail threads on the Dev and Notifications MLs [1][2][3], here's
a more formal vote on moving our compilation target to Java 6 for ApacheDS and Apache Directory
Studio sub-projects of the Apache Directory project.
> I believe it is not necessary to move the Apache LDAP API requirements to Java 6 at the
moment.

> Please cast your votes:
> [ ] +1 - Move compilation target to Java 6 for ApacheDS and Apache Directory Studio sub-projects
> [ ]  0 - Abstain
> [ ] -1 - Do NOT move compilation target to Java 6 for ApacheDS and Apache Directory Studio
sub-projects

> NOTE: The users ML is included in the loop in order to make users aware of our willing
to change our JVM compatibility and allow them to give us some feedback (if needed).