On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 8:39 PM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@gmail.com> wrote:
Hiya,

Going totally off memory here from years back. The search engine was designed to expand the scope that aliases introduce with their references. Meaning the scope expands to new areas if the reference points outside of the base of the search: of course this is more complex when considering deref modes and where the alias is.

But essentially I was under the impression that dereferencing was not handled in higher levels outside of the xdbm search in the partition. Hence not in the filters injected into the returned cursor system. Are u witnessing the contrary conditions?

No, you are right. The current system is leveraging (or at least is supposed to) the alias indexes.

But it does not work correctly.

I think it would be easier to handle aliases by sending new search requests in the upper cursor, AFAICT atm.

I'm still analysing the current implementation, so I'm not 100% sure.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,