directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is this intended, or should we consider that is a bug ?
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 12:01:00 GMT
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if the following code snippet is just a bug, or if this was
> intended :
>
>    public PresenceEvaluator( PresenceNode node, Store<Entry, ID> db,
> SchemaManager schemaManager )
>        throws Exception
>    {
>        this.db = db;
>        this.node = node;
>        this.schemaManager = schemaManager;
>        this.attributeType = node.getAttributeType();
>
>        if ( db.hasUserIndexOn( attributeType ) )
>        {
>            idx = db.getPresenceIndex();
>        }
>        else
>        {
>            idx = null;
>        }
>    }
>
> In my case, the AttributeType is ObjectClass, which is a System index. I
> find it extremely doubtful that we want to set idx to null in this very
> case.

This is valid code for the general case when you don't know what the
attributeType is. If the attributeType is not indexed then we cannot
use the presence index for =* evaluation. In the case of objectClass
this does seem moot but this code operates on all cases so it's valid.

Does this explanation make sense?

Regards,
Alex