directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: Morning thoughts about alias handling...
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 20:50:01 GMT
On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 8:39 PM, Alex Karasulu <> wrote:

> Hiya,
> Going totally off memory here from years back. The search engine was
> designed to expand the scope that aliases introduce with their references.
> Meaning the scope expands to new areas if the reference points outside of
> the base of the search: of course this is more complex when considering
> deref modes and where the alias is.
> But essentially I was under the impression that dereferencing was not
> handled in higher levels outside of the xdbm search in the partition. Hence
> not in the filters injected into the returned cursor system. Are u
> witnessing the contrary conditions?

No, you are right. The current system is leveraging (or at least is supposed
to) the alias indexes.

But it does not work correctly.

I think it would be easier to handle aliases by sending new search requests
in the upper cursor, AFAICT atm.

I'm still analysing the current implementation, so I'm not 100% sure.

Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message