directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Morning thoughts about alias handling...
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 18:39:07 GMT
Hiya,

Going totally off memory here from years back. The search engine was
designed to expand the scope that aliases introduce with their
references. Meaning the scope expands to new areas if the reference
points outside of the base of the search: of course this is more
complex when considering deref modes and where the alias is.

But essentially I was under the impression that dereferencing was not
handled in higher levels outside of the xdbm search in the partition.
Hence not in the filters injected into the returned cursor system. Are
u witnessing the contrary conditions?

Sent from my iPhone