directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot>
Subject Re: Seriously thinking about curring a release next week.
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 08:49:46 GMT
On 10 juin 2011, at 10:37, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>> we already discussed this topic two weeks ago, but now, I think we should
>> really move on.
>> Yesterday, I did a bug parade and started to fix issues. We have now 197 of
> cool
>> 301 issues fixed, which is a HUGE number of fixed issues. Add to that the
>> fact we released LDAP-API 1.0.0-M4 last week, and that we have some serious
>> features to add in the near future (administrative model, server
>> OSGification, Replication), I'm keen to get the M1 milestone out asap.
>> Note that I'm not pushing this release because we need it, but just because
>> we need a stabilized base to work on. It worked wonderfully on the LDAP-API
>> code base, with 4 releaes those past 5 months, and this is really a good
>> feeling to see the progression every month when you do small steps instead
>> of waiting for a giant leap.
> indeed, these iterations worked well and it makes a lot of sense to continue it
>> I'll try to get as much issues fixed as possible in the next 3 days, and may
>> be we can start considering a release at the beginning of next week?
>> thoughts ?
> +1, thanks Emmanuel

This sounds also good to me.
This pattern worked great on the API and, from my POV, it's important that developers/users
can download (if they are interested in) intermediate "unstable" releases before the "official"
2.0 version is released.

View raw message