directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: Documentation via Wiki or docbook svn or ?
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 05:16:34 GMT
On 6/29/11 11:14 PM, Felix Knecht wrote:
> Hi all
> I just read following snippet in the user ML
> "The user documentation for Studio is
> written in Docbook and under version control in SVN [2]. For the
> server we also started to move the user documentation to Docbook and
> SVN, but I'm not sure what's the state here. I think it needs to be
> discussed which way to go (wiki or Docbook or something else)."
> (by Stefan Seelmann)
> Interesting is the last test in brackets "wiki or Docbook or something
> else". Did you know already that documentation via wiki not be
> supported anymore - I think we use the autoexport plugin:
Yeah, this is what we can read on a one year old page. I don't think
there has been a lots of work done since.

In any case, I would keep going with confluence for now on, and when
infra will start phasing out confluence, we will then migrate the pages
to the next wiki thing.

I tried to write doco using docbook, but frankly, it sucks. Big time. I
can't understand that in 2011 we can't have a decent wysiwyg tool that
helps writing doco in docbook. I'm not a XML robot. I hate XML. XML is
for computers, not for human beings...

Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message