directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Java 5 and ADS : is it still madatory ?
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2011 07:00:37 GMT
Hi guys,

Java 5 is EOL since november 2009. That means there is no update, and
more important, no more security fixes, 8 years after the initial
release ("Java for Business releases will be supported for up to eight
years from initial release date" ).

In our case, Java 5 has been released on may 2004, so next year, we
won't have anymore support for Java 5.

I'm wondering if we should keep going with the Java 5 compatiblity or
decide now (I mean, before ADS 2.0) that we drop support for Java 5.

IMHO, I think we should move to Java 6 right away, and get ready to move
to Java 7 soon.

Thoughts ?

--
Regards,