directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is the AndCursor useful ?
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 12:44:36 GMT
On 6/16/11 2:02 PM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny<elecharny@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 6/16/11 1:18 PM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:

>>> I don't think so, we do need evaluators also
>> What for ? Can't we use the underlying cursor's evaluator ?
>>
> yeap, agree, this indeed speeds up evaluation
>
> OTOH, I prefer to keep a hint about conjunction in the returned cursor
> or we can also change AndCursor to not use evaluators
> but just as a dumb wrapper (i.e new AndCursor(IndexCursor) )

Hmmm, seems that the AndCursor also needs to evaluate candidate against
the non selected indexes. Removing it will simply retruns too many entries.

PS : Sorry if those seem stupid questions, I'm trying to get a key about
this part of the code I don't know atm. Thanks for the responses.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,