directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Morning thoughts about alias handling...
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 09:21:55 GMT
Hi,

so I slept on the problem, and here are a few thoughts I had this morning :
- first, the alias handling can't be done in the doSimpleSearch() as I
thought, because if we do so, alias dereferencing won't be handled when
using the coreSession. It must be handled by the EntryFilteringCursor.
Remains to see how to implement that there.
- second, we may have some issue when an alias points to a non existing
entry. What will the cursor.next() return in this case ? The alias
exists, so the cursor.next() will move forward, to something that does
not exist (this is a Pierre-Arnaud thought).
- third, we have to fix the reverter, which doe snot handle correctly
alias removal, if the entry which is pointed doe snot exist anymore.
There is a JIRA for that issue.

I'll do my best today to get something done.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,