directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is this intended, or should we consider that is a bug ?
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 13:42:46 GMT
On 6/15/11 2:07 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 1:53 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny<elecharny@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm wondering if the following code snippet is just a bug, or if this was
>> intended :
>>
>>     public PresenceEvaluator( PresenceNode node, Store<Entry, ID>  db,
>> SchemaManager schemaManager )
>>         throws Exception
>>     {
>>         this.db = db;
>>         this.node = node;
>>         this.schemaManager = schemaManager;
>>         this.attributeType = node.getAttributeType();
>>
>>         if ( db.hasUserIndexOn( attributeType ) )
>>         {
>>             idx = db.getPresenceIndex();
>>         }
>>         else
>>         {
>>             idx = null;
>>         }
>>     }
>>
>> In my case, the AttributeType is ObjectClass, which is a System index. I
>> find it extremely doubtful that we want to set idx to null in this very
>> case.
> AFAIK we only add user attributes to the precence index. System
> attributes (objectClass, entryUUID, entryCSN) are not added to the
> precense index because they are always present in an entry so it would
> be a waste of space to add them to the presence index. Instead in
> another part of the PresenceEvaluator we check if the index is a
> system index and return true.

Stefan, you are absolutely right. The following code demonstrate it :

     public boolean evaluateEntry( Entry entry ) throws Exception
     {
         if ( db.hasSystemIndexOn( attributeType ) )
         {
             // we don't maintain a presence index for objectClass,
entryUUID, and entryCSN
             // however as every entry has such an attribute this
evaluator always evaluates to true
             return true;
         }

Thanks a lot !