directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1135472 - /directory/apacheds/trunk/xdbm-partition/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/xdbm/AbstractStore.java
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 05:52:24 GMT
On 6/15/11 2:45 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> -1
>
> Please revert these changes. Sufficient consideration has not been
> given to these matters which have been around for years. We need more
> time to discuss these matters.
This check is just not good enough, even if we want to detect cycles
when adding aliases : it does not check anything but a cycle from an
alias and a direct ascendant.

I removed it because of its deficiencies, not because I wanted to remove
the check. If we decide to implement a check when creating an alias, we
will add a correct detection mechanism, trust me on that.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,