directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Alias cycle detection
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 05:33:32 GMT
On 6/15/11 2:28 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:

>> In that case we can also get rid of all the alias indices (aliasIdx,
>> oneAliasIdx, subAliasIdx).
> This would be a big mistake. Then you'd be better off just getting rid
> of aliases all together. You don't know how many aliases you'll have
> at the end of the day and presuming some number is making presumptions
> on behalf of the user even if aliases in practice are not used.

Detecting if an entry is an alias is just a matter of checking the
'alias' ObjectClass. This is already indexed.

Sorry, but can you refresh my memory and tell what are we using those
index for ? I was wondering yesterday if we needed to keep an 'aliased
Object' -> 'alias' reverse index.

Maybe I'm overlooking this aspect. Anyway, the index are stillpresent atm.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,