directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Alias cycle detection
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:29:18 GMT
On 6/13/11 11:19 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
>>> It's actually quite simple and quite fast. Using the objectclass index
>>> it's trivial to obtain the list of all alias entries within the database, so
>>> from the outset you already know the maximum size of what you're dealing
>>> with.
>> We already have a cache that is constructed at startup, gathering all the
>> aliases from the backend, using the OC index. This cache is of course
>> updated on the fly, if one alias is added or removed.
>>
>> I don't think it should take more than one day to fix this issue.
> In that case we can also get rid of all the alias indices (aliasIdx,
> oneAliasIdx, subAliasIdx).

Yes absolutely.

There are a few steps we also have to fulfill :
- create an Alias cache ( I thought we had one, but in fact, we have the
opposite : a notAliasCache in the ExceptionInterceptor)
- create an AliasInterceptor to manage the Add and Delete operations
done on alias entries (and also move, rename and combined ops)
- modify the Search to handle a set of met aliases.

I'll proceed by creating the alias interceptor first, and Ill remove the
part that handle Aliases in ExceptionInterceptor

The Alias index removal will be done at the end.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,