directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Seriously thinking about curring a release next week.
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 06:16:58 GMT
Hi guys,

we already discussed this topic two weeks ago, but now, I think we
should really move on.

Yesterday, I did a bug parade and started to fix issues. We have now 197
of 301 issues fixed, which is a HUGE number of fixed issues. Add to that
the fact we released LDAP-API 1.0.0-M4 last week, and that we have some
serious features to add in the near future (administrative model, server
OSGification, Replication), I'm keen to get the M1 milestone out asap.

Note that I'm not pushing this release because we need it, but just
because we need a stabilized base to work on. It worked wonderfully on
the LDAP-API code base, with 4 releaes those past 5 months, and this is
really a good feeling to see the progression every month when you do
small steps instead of waiting for a giant leap.

I'll try to get as much issues fixed as possible in the next 3 days, and
may be we can start considering a release at the beginning of next week?

thoughts ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,