directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot>
Subject Re: Empty results creates invalid XML?
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:47:22 GMT
Hi Dan,

Indeed, it's a bug. Great catch...

Here's the link to submit bug report on that part of the code:

On 17 juin 2011, at 06:49, Mullen, Daniel J wrote:

> I was hoping to use the DSML engine.
> In testing I discovered that an empty results set fails to generate the searchResult
> (at least for my configuration)
> If there are no responses next() is false and the start tag is never written.
>                 while ( )
>                 {
>                     if( first )
>                     {
>                         if ( respWriter != null )
>                         {
>                             StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();
>                             sb.append( "<searchResponse" );
> I would submit a bug, but it isn’t clear how to do so.
> -Dan M
> This message w/attachments (message) is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or proprietary. If you are not
an intended recipient, please notify the sender, and then please delete and destroy all copies
and attachments, and be advised that any review or dissemination of, or the taking of any
action in reliance on, the information contained in or attached to this message is prohibited.

> Unless specifically indicated, this message is not an offer to sell or a solicitation
of any investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation
of any transaction, or an official statement of Sender. Subject to applicable law, Sender
may intercept, monitor, review and retain e-communications (EC) traveling through its networks/systems
and may produce any such EC to regulators, law enforcement, in litigation and as required
by law.
> The laws of the country of each sender/recipient may impact the handling of EC, and EC
may be archived, supervised and produced in countries other than the country in which you
are located. This message cannot be guaranteed to be secure or free of errors or viruses.

> References to "Sender" are references to any subsidiary of Bank of America Corporation.
Securities and Insurance Products: * Are Not FDIC Insured * Are Not Bank Guaranteed * May
Lose Value * Are Not a Bank Deposit * Are Not a Condition to Any Banking Service or Activity
* Are Not Insured by Any Federal Government Agency. Attachments that are part of this EC may
have additional important disclosures and disclaimers, which you should read. This message
is subject to terms available at the following link:
> By messaging with Sender you consent to
the foregoing.

View raw message