Hi Emmanuel,

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 7:31 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

just to inform you that I created a branc (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/branches/shared-osgi) to play with some of the ideas around using a class loader when there is no OSGi container.

Thanks for the heads up.

I just implemented the controls loading atm. What I did is that I defined a System property (called default.controls) listing the controls to be loaded by the StandaloneLdapApiService class. I still have to do the same thing for the other elements. Btw, it won't work when running tests in eclipse, because the system property won't be set.

I know you hate this too: regarding the tests not working in eclipse due to the need to set a system property.

There's got to be a slick way we can enable a zero configuration default setup to avoid having to set these damn system properties. Only on exceptional cases should we have to use the system property.

Here is what looks like the pom.xml now :

<build>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<configuration>
<systemPropertyVariables>
<default.controls>
             org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.controls.cascade.CascadeFactory,
             org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.controls.manageDsaIT.ManageDsaITFactory,
             org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.controls.search.entryChange.EntryChangeFactory,
             org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.controls.search.pagedSearch.PagedResultsFactory,
             org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.controls.search.persistentSearch.PersistentSearchFactory,
             org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.controls.search.persistentSearch.PersistentSearchFactory
</default.controls>
<extra.controls>
</extra.controls>
</systemPropertyVariables>

OK I see these are the implementations to class load dynamically. You're setting up the system property to configure they're load.

Sure would be nice to have a discovery mechanism for this and not have to deal with eclipse blowing chunks.

Regards,
Alex