directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajesh Akkineni" <raj...@vimukti.com>
Subject Re: How the Dn of Child entries are updating when Parent Moved
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 12:18:15 GMT
On Tue, 17 May 2011 16:07:24 +0530, Emmanuel L├ęcharny
<elecharny@apache.org> wrote:

> On 5/17/11 12:30 PM, Prasanna Kumar G wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>       I am trying to understand ApacheDS code. I am not understanding
>> the
>> Moving of Entry(Renaming the Dn). When Renaming Dn of an Entry, where
>> are
>> you updating the child entries.
> We don't. We store RDNs, not DNs.

But that RDN also not being used as the DN which is constructed in
ServerEntrySerializer is not valid, and it isbeing overwritten in
AbstractStore.lookup

So why to save the RDN at all?

Why I am asking is, is there any other purpose for saving RDN?

--
Rajesh Akkineni
CEO, Vimukti Technologies,