directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajesh Akkineni" <raj...@vimukti.com>
Subject Some basic question
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 07:45:00 GMT
Hi,

I was going trough the source of ApacheDS and trying to understand its
functionality.
I have the following question..along with some assumptions which I want to
confirm.

1) Each Entry is saved as key-value pair where key is Long and value is
serialized form of Entry. Is it correct?

2) All attribute values are stored along with serialized entry as
StringValue, BinayValue. Right?

3) Why these two Values save wrappedValues where they can only save
normalziedValue?

4) When do Normalizers get called? LDAP v3 RFC is not talking anything
about normalization.

5) Numeric, Boolean values are stored as strings in store? If Yes, Why?
Will it not be optimal to store them in more compact form?

6) Which syntaxes are stored as String and which are stored as Byte[]?

Let me know if my question are stupid... :)

--
Rajesh Akkineni