directory-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Evans <richard.ev...@datanomic.com>
Subject RE: Embedding ApacheDS using DirectoryServiceBean etc
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 10:39:17 GMT
I agree, the LDIF configuration is great.  The reason for persisting with the XML approach
is that I need to do Spring like property substation to set ports, etc, as in:

   <property name="transports">
      <list>
        <bean class="org.apache.directory.server.protocol.shared.transport.TcpTransport"
...   p:port="${apacheds.ldapport}"

For a fully embedded server, dynamic configuration changes do not seem so important.

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lecharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: 23 May 2011 11:36
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: Embedding ApacheDS using DirectoryServiceBean etc

On 5/23/11 12:27 PM, Richard Evans wrote:
> OK, I'll have to rethink.  It's a bit disappointing since we've used XML configuration
for each of the other applications we embed - ActiveMQ, Apache FTP server and Apache SSHD.

There is a reason for such a (painful) switch : having a LDIF backed
configuration (Here, I should say a DIT based) allows us to dynamically
reconfigure the server, without having to stop and restart it. This is
incredibly useful.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,