directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Bug parade for shared-1.0.0-M4
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 12:26:51 GMT
Sounds pretty good to me.

One milestone I'd like to happen very fast is one in which we rename packages to their final
naming, switching the old org.apache.directory.shared.* prefix to something more appropriate
for the api.

The longer we wait to do this, the more difficult it will be for users when we actually make
the switch.

Maybe 1.0.0-M5...

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 21 mai 2011, at 02:29, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> today I ran a bug parade, postponed many issues, fixed some others, in order to be ready
to cut a shared-1.0.0-M4 release.

> I think we can get it done at the begenning of next week. What will be inside are really
major changes in the operations API, and in the way we handle OSGi (Felix has been removed
from the API)

> This is crucial to have this milestone out fast, because we can't go on with the documentation
with the 1.0.0-M3 release.

> Once 1.0.0-M4 is out, we can move forward and get a 1.0.0-M5 out quite fast too, as we
have now fixed most of the bugs. In any case, we should *not* limit ourselves to a number
of milestones, if we have to get a 1.0.0-M8 out, then be it. However, looking at the issue
list, I feel like we are not far from getting the 1.0.0-RC1 out (but it's just a feeling).