directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Shared 1.0.0-M4
Date Thu, 26 May 2011 08:38:28 GMT
Hi Felix,

I think this is a bug in Maven's manifest generator which takes the value of the java version
used to execute Maven ("Build-Jdk: ${java.version}") and not the version indicated to the
Maven compiler plugin (as stated in the Directory's project pom). See links [1], [2] and [3].

I've download the shared-all.jar file from the distribution and opened the LdapConnection.class
file in an hexadecimal editor (Studio's hexadecimal editor for instance) and I can confirm
that the target version is being respected by the Maven compiler plugin and that it is really
1.5.
Take a look at that screenshot. [4]
Byte 6 and 7, indicate "31" which corresponds to J2SE 5.0 according to this page. [5]

Hope this helps,
Pierre-Arnaud

[1] — http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAR-62
[2] — http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPJAR-49
[3] — http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-archiver/examples/manifest.html
[4] — http://cl.ly/74G4
[5] — http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_class_file#General_layout

On 26 mai 2011, at 07:59, Felix Knecht wrote:

> I don't know if it matters, but parent pom indicates that Java 1.5 is needed [1] and
the the artifacts to be released seem to be compiled with Java 1.6 (at least the included
MANIFEST.MF files are indicating so).